You’ve decided it’s time to hire some help with cleaning and household chores. There is just too much to do in a day, what with getting the kids out the door and off to school, working all day and then coming home and making dinner. You need to reclaim some ‘me’ time. But how do you hire someone who will come into your home regularly? Here are some things to think about when you are looking for professional cleaning services olney md.
Word of Mouth
The place to start when you are looking for a cleaning service is to ask friends and family who employ professional cleaners. Word of mouth is often the best advertising, and hiring someone who comes highly recommended can make the process easier. If you can’t get recommendations, you will need to look at advertisements online or in classified ads.
Once you have found a couple of likely candidates, set up some interviews. Make a list of questions about the following topics:
- Availability – Can they come at a time that works for you?
- Experience – How long have they been doing this work?
- Background check – Have they been through a criminal background check?
- Cleaning supplies – Do you provide supplies, or do they bring their own?
- Unfriendly – Do they follow sustainable practices like using eco-friendly products, recycling or reducing plastics?
- Rates – What do they charge?
Let the prospective cleaner know what your expectations are. Are you looking for someone to do light cleaning a couple of times a week? Are you looking for someone to come once a week to mop floors and do laundry? Are there places in your home you would prefer they didn’t go? Clear communication from the start solves many problems.
Before the cleaners arrive, it is a good idea to put away anything that valuables or fragile items just to be sure nothing is broken or lost. Don’t forget to schedule an appointment!
Hiring a cleaner to take some of the load off can be daunting, but it is definitely worth it in the end.